Olive Branch Gardens is our family farm. We started this farm in 2020 after having our daughter Olive. While we have been gardening on it for several years, we decided to make it as a way to provide us and our community with more of our home grown food. While we are not certified USDA organic, we practice organic methods on the farm. It is important to us to be good stewards of the land and create a healthier planet (even if its just our one acre) for the future.
- We grow a variety of different vegetables
- We work hard to boost our soil health with cover crops, compost, crop rotation
- We plant natives, wild flowers and trap crops to naturally mitigate pests
- We have several honey bee hives to improve pollination
In addition to honey bees we have chickens and pigs. The chickens we have for eggs and to help with composting and eating bugs and the pigs we have for enjoyment!
We sell our produce to our community in Albemarle, Green and Orange County in Virginia.
Contact us at Olivebranchgardenscville@gmail.com for ordering information.
- All about microgreensWhy micro greens? There are so many wonderful benefits to growing and eating microgreens. We love growing them on our farm! Especially in the winter when the rest of the crops are no longer growing or are in dormancy, we are still able to grow micro greens and eat them all year round. I am...